Nominated for eight Israeli Academy Awards including Best Film, Laces is a wholly engaging, tender family 'dramedy' about the knotty relationship between an aging, irascible mechanic and the exuberant special-needs son he abandoned long before.
It is a charming tale full of optimism and humour. Reuben's kidneys are failing. His son Gadi wants to donate one of his own kidneys to help save his father's life. A rare, honest depiction of special-needs characters, told with gentle humor and sensitivity, Laces is the highly personal project of director Jacob Goldwasser, himself a parent of a special-needs child.
Awards & Nominations
- 2019 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival- Winner
- Audience Award: Best Narrative Jacob Goldwasser (director)
- 2018 Awards of the Israeli Film Academy
- Winner- Best Supporting Actor: Doval'e Glickman, Best Film, Best Director: Jacob Goldwasser, Best Actor: Nevo Kimchi
- Nominee- Best Editing: Itamar Goldwasser, Best Art Direction: Yoel Herzberg, Best Makeup: Revital Cohen, Best Music: Daniel Salomon